Peluang KarirTo assist the Otsus Implementation Improvement Lead and work closely with relevant Managers and Technical Assistants to provide engagement with GoI partners and other relevant stakeholders in Otsus implementation. These include quality assurance of program management related to carrying out program activities including budget forecast, operations, administration and financial support and reporting, and support to meeting arrangements with GOI and strategies partners for Otsus Strengthening themes.
Otsus Strengthening Coordinator
September 11 2019
KOMPAK is an Australia-Indonesia government partnership supporting the Government of Indonesia's efforts in reducing poverty through improvements in basic service delivery and creating opportunities for work. KOMPAK focuses its efforts on three result areas:
- Supporting Local Governments and Service Units to better address the needs of basic service users;
- Supporting the poor and vulnerable to benefit from improved village governance; and
- Supporting the poor and vulnerable to benefit from increased opportunities for employment and economic development.
To assist the Otsus Implementation Improvement Lead and work closely with relevant Managers and Technical Assistants to provide engagement with GoI partners and other relevant stakeholders in Otsus implementation. These include quality assurance of program management related to carrying out program activities including budget forecast, operations, administration and financial support and reporting, and support to meeting arrangements with GOI and strategies partners for Otsus Strengthening themes.
Under guidance of the Special Autonomy Improvement Lead, the Otsus Strengthening Coordinator will be:
- Responsible for ensuring engagement with relevant GoI partners mainly for coordinating input for the annual workplan, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the program in Otsus Implementation Improvement Lead
- Responsible for connecting the team with GoI partners and acting as Liaison Officer
- Oversee progress implementation and provide input for reporting
- Responsible for ensuring all requests for goods by team and GoI partners are fulfilled on time, purchasing goods, accommodation and travel requests
- Identifying and selecting the most appropriate suppliers to fulfil purchase request, raising efficiency and achieving greater cost effectiveness
- Oversee the team needs including office supply – stock control and ensuring that stock is held for rapid fulfilment of purchase request
- Support to the program delivery teams in preparing for and carrying out events (workshops, seminars) include developing and monitoring event budget, some travel to regions for implementation of activities;
- Demonstrate commitment to gender equality and social inclusion (GESI) by proactively identifying opportunities where GESI can be integrated into Activities to achieve set goals.
Further information regarding other key duties is included in the Information for Applicants in the ‘View Position Description’.
- A degree in a relevant field (public policy, public administration, economics, social studies, or relevant discipline), Masters preferred
- At least 5 years of relevant experience engaging with the Government of Indonesia. Experience with the Ministry of Finance, Bappenas, Ministry of Home Affairs is seen as an advantage
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills, including negotiation skills
- Must be strongly details oriented and show patience and determination to explore the problem and all of its elements until the reasoning has been found so that it can be resolved accurately
- Active communication style and fluent in Bahasa Indonesia and English
- Willingness to work and travel when necessary
- Proven working experience and knowledge of Commonwealth Procurement Rules
- Understanding of gender equality and social inclusion issues
Further Information & Application
Further information regarding this opportunity can found in the ‘View Position Description’ link.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above.
Applications close: Tuesday, 24th September 2019 – midnight (AEST)
We welcome and thank all applicants however; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Abt Associates – Who We Are
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children. For more information about our company and what we do visit our website at www.abtassociates.comDAFTAR